JOIN THE Viewpoints STAFF!
It’s a combination hard to beat:
1) Earn three units of academic credit with Journalism 20 or Journalism 52.
2) Get desktop publishing or Internet design experience on computers with 27-inch monitors.
3) Build a portfolio of your work published with your byline. A portfolio of published work is essential to get a summer internship or full-time media job.
4) Get writing and editing experience covering interesting and exciting events.
5) Win awards. JACC award winners are recruited by universities.
6) Make money selling ads.
7) Learn how a newspaper works in print and online.
8) Become part of a team dedicated to public service and make a difference.
9) Have fun!
How to join:
Mandatory orientations for Viewpoints students will be held over Zoom and in-person at our new newsroom located under the RCC library in room DL106 at the beginning of each semester. (attend any one of these meetings).
Viewpoints needs writers, editors, photographers, illustrators, podcasters and combinations thereof.
Students may sign up for Journalism 20 for writing and photography or for editing positions in Journalism 52.
Editing positions are available in news, features, opinion, sports, life, photography, design, advertising management, multimedia, social media management and online.
Applications for editing positions will be accepted by Matthew Schoenmann and the editor-in-chief at a determined time after the beginning of the semester. The application must be a signed and dated letter that identifies the editing position sought, an alternative position (optional), your experience and your goals for Viewpoints and your career. Optional materials may include a resume, published clips or writing samples, transcripts and letters of recommendation.
2 thoughts on “Join Viewpoints”
Hello I am a current student at RCC, I would like to know as a photographer if I can submit work to be published. Thank you.
Hello, if you have not already been to a mandatory orientation this week you won’t have a chance to join until the fall semester. You are allowed to submit one freelance photo per semester so if you have questions on how to do that email us at email@example.com